The Lafayette County Health Department has confirmed its second positive case of COVID-19 in Lafayette County. The patient has been in home isolation, following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
A news release says the health department continues to work with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and the CDC to identify and contact people who may have come in contact with the individual while they were infectious and will monitor them for fever and respiratory symptoms. No further information will be provided about the patient.
To reduce risk and prevent the spread of COVID-19, continue to follow these basic preventative measures:
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-percent alcohol;
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
· Stay home if you are sick;
· Cover coughs and sneezes using your elbow or shoulder rather than your hands; and
· Clean and disinfect high-touched surfaces frequently.
If you suspect you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, call your healthcare provider to let them know before seeking care. It is critical that your provider is aware you may have COVID-19 prior to your arrival at a healthcare facility, and that you follow all instructions for arriving at the facility.
For more information, visit the Lafayette County Health Department’s website at lafayettecountyhealth.org or its Facebook page.