EMBERS FROM BURNING LEAVES SPARKED A SHED FIRE

Marshall Fire Department received a call around 4:15 p.m. on Monday in regards to a shed fire in the 36,000 block of N. Frock Drive in Marshall.

Witnesses say they heard explosions coming from the area of the fire. That was later determined to be propane tanks that were stored in the shed.

Marshall Fire Chief Tony Day says the resident was burning leaves when hot embers started the fire.

Due to a bridge outage on Highway 41, Slater Fire was called for mutual aid. Fire crews were on the scene until approximately 5:20 p.m. There were no injuries reported and the damage is estimated at $2,000.

Tags: , , ,