Sunday 30th November 2025

seminole-court-reduced-to-rubble-6-3-22

Seminole Court shelter house at Indian Foothills Park in Marshall had been taped off since the flooding event in late June 2021. It was unable to be used due to structure issues caused by the floodwaters that covered most of the lower part of the park.

The Marshall Park Board approved a bid to demolish the structure, and now the shelter house is nothing more than a pile of rubble. Of the three bids received, England Excavating at approximately $8,900 was chosen as the independent contractor, according to Marshall Parks and Recreation Director Chad Unterreiner.

Unterreiner says the board changed its original plan of lumping several of the park’s projects together, and putting this one out for bid separately.

Unterreiner explains the parks department should receive reimbursement of the funds.

Unterreiner says it will take some time to replace the shelter.

In other news, the board approved a bid to repair the leaky roof at the clubhouse on Watermill Road. The bid of $15,000 from Mark Forrester’s Roofing was approved by the board. Unterreiner said the work could start in the next couple of weeks.