
A Marshall man is facing felony charges relating to two different incidents over the last year and a half.
According to one probable-cause statement, Charles Wallis Estes is alleged to have assaulted a pregnant woman on November 20, 2019. The woman said during an argument, Estes pulled her by the hair, pushed her outside the residence and smacked her with his other hand in the facial area multiple times. The woman said she peeked her head in to ask about her keys, and Estes grabbed her by the neck and started choking her. She said Estes stopped strangling her and hit her in the face four to five times. Authorities who reported to the scene said she was observed to have blood on her upper and lower lips. Estes told authorities they did argue, but he said there was no physical altercation between the two.
The second PC statement alleges Estes physically abused a three-week-old baby. Authorities were contacted by an employee of the Saline County Children’s Division on April 25, 2020. The baby had bruising on its temple area and left cheek, appearing to authorities and a nurse as if the baby had been grabbed by the face and squeezed.
According to court documents, in the first case, Estes is charged with a Class D Felony for Domestic Assault in the Second Degree, with bond set at $15,000 cash only. In the latter case, Estes is charged with a Class B Felony for Abuse or Neglect of a Child. Bond is set at $50,000 cash only.
Estes was arraigned in each case on Tuesday, May 4. A confined-docket hearing in each case is set for 11 a.m. on Wednesday, May 5, at Saline County Circuit Court.


